Friday, April 21, 2017

Spring Smiles

Pink tulips are so pretty in spring!! They bloomed in time for Easter Sunday the past weekend!! They made me so happy while I had my morning walk that I wanted to make a pink tulip card! I watercolored a panel using green and blue on this one layer card I made using watercolor paper. After it dried, it became a very soft background for the grass and the tulips. I also colored the tulips and leaves with Gelly Roll glitter pens to add extra shimmer. I love spring, pink tulips, and green grass. They all make me smile!


Here is a close-up. Does it make you smile too?




The tulip card was actually inspired from this red flower card. I  always sometimes have half-finished cards sitting around in my "half-finished card box". Some are my experiments, and some are not so pretty, and some are half finished just like this one. I just couldn't decide which sentiment I'd like to use! So it was left there in the box without a sentiment. Now I finally took it out and finished making the card. (It was easy. I only stamped on the sentiment). I actually finished two cards at the same time!! Yeah!






The flowers also had shimmers added using a glitter pen.












The sentiment I used is from Penny Black called snippets. I love that there are many sentiments to choose from for any occasions. The grass and tulips were from a stamp set called Stamp-A-Birthday kit by Hugh Lauter Levin Associates I got from a garage sale many years ago. I think it was the first stamp set I have ever owned. It has many rubber stamps and instructions to make birthday cards. I finally put the stamps to good use in the last year when I started making cards.



I am playing along with the Less is More Challenge #324. The theme is spring walk.











And the CAS Watercolor Card April Challenge. Green & Pink.


Casology week 245: grow. My card reminded me of this nursery rhyme and I just can't stop singing it,"Mary, Mary, quite contrary, How does your garden grow?" If you want hear the song, click here. It's from "little angel" I found from youtube.










9 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards! I absolutely love these pretty, spring-like scenes <3 The shimmer from the Gelly Roll pens is gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both gorgeous. I love the simplicity of the design, the placement, layout, shimmer....it all works perfectly, and beautifully CAS.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design Violet. Your watercolour wash makes the perfect background for the sweet garden scenes. LOVE the shimmer you've added to the flowers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello violet! super sweet cas designs, luvin the adorable blooms! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such beautiful card...and CAS too! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet design,, Violet! I love the pink tulips and the sweet red flower! And the sentiment is perfect! They make me smile! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully stamped and designed CAS card, many thanks for joining our Spring theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous fresh spring card. Thank you for entering our challenge at Penny Black and More this month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two pretty cards.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Spring' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete