Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Blue Butterfly Congrates

I made this CAS butterfly card to play along the 200th CAS Colours and Sketches challenge. This week is a color challenge inspired by the colors in their blog header with the beautiful monochromatic shades of blue.



Here are the close-ups. I stamped the sentiment with Tsukineko Brilliance pigment ink and then heat embossed the sentiment with clear embossing powder for added shimmer. I know it's hard to see from the photo, but the shimmer is there. For the butterflies, I used double-sided tapes on the back of the blue cards before I die-cut the butterflies so the small pieces could stay within the butterflies. I also added white pearls to match the butterflies from their blog header.


I love butterflies! Thank you for stopping by!

 CAS Colours & Sketches



I am also playing along with the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS Code Word: OMBRE


Happy Little Stampers: Anything Goes With Dies

 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the layered butterfly! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. Love your ombre butterflies. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The double-sided tape is a clever tip for keeping the parts of the diecuts together! Your butterfly is super - and what a great attention to detail by adding in the pearls, like on our blog header! :) The subtle stripes in the circle are another nice detail to give it a little extra interest. Thanks for participating in our birthday challenge at CC&S. I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layering of the butterfly and fabulous use of the challenge colours. Thanks so much for joining in on the celebration at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete