Friday, March 17, 2017

Green Heartfelt Thanks

Green is a color that is so outside of my comfort zone. BUT, I am willing to give it a try for the spring!!

I first painted the background with different shades of green watercolor then I sprayed the paper with alcohol. I like how the background turned out once it dried. For the sentiment, I used Paper Smooches's heartfelt thanks die. I added white dots using a white gel pen on the sentiment to make the sentiment pop a little more. I also added a vellum heart underneath. The tiny hearts dies are also from Paper Smooches. 




Here is a close-up where you can see a little bit of the added green foam underneath the hearts. The hearts were colored using a glitter pen.





Hope you like the card. Thanks for visiting.

I am playing along the following challenges.

Paper Smooches March Challenge: GREENERY (Pantone's 2017 Color of the Year)


The Paper Players: PP335 - A Color Challenge from Jaydee














Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Bit O’ Green


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love that beautiful background!! Such a pretty design!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card- esp the white dots in the die cut sentiment <3 THANKS for joining in the fun for the March challenge! Hope you join in our April SHOWERS challenge <3

    ps... sorry I'm late in leaving comments- I didn't realize I was on vacation for the first week of April! LOL!

    ReplyDelete