Monday, June 27, 2016

Congratulations for CAS(E) and CASology


I am new to card challenges. I've been seeing the sketches, but had no ideas what they were. Last week, I finally had the urge to explore. And wow, I realized how much fun I missed and decided to play along!




I made the background using my kids' markers. I first colored the acrylic block with the markers, then with a dampened brush, I picked up the colors and painted on Carnson 140lb watercolor paper. It amazed me how I can use the markers that were putting away in a box and seldom got used to make cards!





The simple sentiment, congratulations from Penny Black "Snippets", was stamped directly on the watercolor paper. The flowers from Hero Arts "flower garden" were first stamped, fuzzy cut, and then glued next to the sentiment. I love the purple watercolor stripes and the simplicity of the sketch. Thank you CAS(E) and CASology for the inspiration!

I'll be playing two challenges: CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #178 and CASology Week 203: Congratulations. A bit nervous, hoping I am following the rules all right. 



           


4 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you used markers to get this pretty striped background! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week - hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This caught my eye at CASOLOGY as a fellow player... Excellent CAS design! Welcome to Blogland! This was one of the first blogs I played at, too. Cheers, see ya around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Card making is new to me, and I have so much more to learn. I took a look at the cards you made. They are so gorgeous! I will see you around!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love those stripes! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete