Friday, January 12, 2018

Purple Birthday

I had to try the colored pencil coloring on dark card base after I saw this card made by Sandy Allnock. I always got so inspired watching her videos! 

I wanted to make a purple birthday card with the cutest elephant and this is the card I came up with. A purple elephant is hard to come by, but I just couldn't resist to make her purple!






Here is a close-up.



I like the white highlights on the balloon, the butterfly, the flowers and on the elephant. I also added some highlights on the ground using uni-ball white gel pen and used my fingers to smooth it out. Isn't she the cutest little purple elephant? 


I am playing along the Less is More Challenge #362 Purples.


Also the AAA Cards: CAS Game#106: Quote.


And Addicted to Stamp and More Challenge #274: Clean and Simple


Thanks for visiting!


9 comments:

  1. Love it! Of course I do have a bit of a thing for purple anyway, but this is such a cute and beautifully CAS card with brilliant colouring. Thanks for joining in with the current AAA Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The highlights are amazing on this tone on tone card. Beautifully done! Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous elephant beautiful card. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these adorable elephants from MFT. Beautiful pencil colouring. Love the white highlights and smudge details. Super adorable card. Thank you for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Loving the pencils on the coloured card blank

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would've not thought of using purple as a cardstock color, but then I guess i don't think out of the box enough! Love the card its fantastic, thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    Monica DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this. A super little card and you've got the white accents spot on, it all looks so effective.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is such a creative take on the purples theme! I'm loving the purple base and the delicate white pencil work is so dreamy. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete